We believe that illness is not just a set of pathologies, but a personal story. At The Akasha Center, we conduct a full 60 to 90-minute consultation to understand you as a whole person, not just as a symptom. We consider all factors that can impact your mental and physical wellbeing before providing you with a full diagnosis and treatment plan.
At The Akasha Center, we use both natural medicines and conventional therapies to optimize your health. You’ll have access to a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals to treat your mind, body, and spirit. This holistic approach yields better long-lasting results and better day-to-day living.
A balance of body, mind, spirit and advanced medicine.
Our Services At The Akasha Center
We are a team of board-certified MDs and holistic practitioners led by Chief Medical Officer Dr. Edison de Mello, MD, PhD. We like to say, “when you see one of us, you get all of us” because we all work under one roof to provide you with a complete and all-encompassing wellness plan.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
The Akasha Process:
1. Tell us your story. Fill out our in-depth intake form and share your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual history so that we can serve you better.
2. The First Consultation. In a comprehensive 60 to 90 minute session, your doctor will ask questions, listen and learn about you, your symptoms, and (most importantly) your wellness goals.
3. Laboratory Tests. If necessary, we will run conventional diagnostics to test blood sugar levels, vitamin levels, check for hormone imbalances, and other tests pertinent to your personal needs.
4. Evaluation. Your history, first consultation, and laboratory tests are then carefully considered to develop your integrated treatment and wellness plan.
5. Your Individualized Plan. We sit down with you and go over your personal wellness plan, which is the roadmap for the work we will do together. You’re involved in every decision.
6. Information and Learning. Rather than just following doctor’s orders, you’ll participate fully and consciously in your wellness plan. We provide you with all the information you need to make decisions and decide which services are best for you.
7. Your Feedback, Our Support. We check in with you as you progress, listen to your feedback and then provide suggestions or changes. You’ll feel heard, respected and supported.
When you are ready for a new model of health care, contact us below!
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
– Thomas Edison