At Akasha, we utilize intravenous (IV) vitamin and nutrient drips to help support the body during times of stress, exhaustion, and acute or chronic illness. We modify the traditional Myer’s Cocktail of vitamins and minerals in order to individualize therapy according to each patient’s unique needs. We may, for example, use lysine or glutathione for patients with chronic viral infections or amino acids and carnitine for those with fatigue.
The immune system can be maximally supported by delivering anti-oxidants if someone feels they are beginning to get sick or around times of busy travel schedules or stressful times.
What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV vitamin therapy is a method of administering vitamins, amino acids, minerals, anti-oxidants, and nutrients directly into the bloodstream through an IV line. This allows the nutrients to be given at higher doses than if orally administered. The nutrients enter the body directly at the cellular level where they will have the highest benefit. IV therapy bypasses the liver, allowing for higher absorption and utilization of the nutrients, which if orally ingested, would be eliminated by the body during metabolism.
IV vitamin therapy can be used either proactively to maintain wellness or to treat many acute and chronic conditions. At Akasha we administer IV Vitamin Therapy in one of our comfortable private rooms to help you maximize the benefits of the treatment. These accommodations allow you to lie down, relax, and listen to music without being rushed or distracted. All of the IV formulas are designed and administered under the supervision of one of our doctors.
What diseases or conditions can be treated with IV Vitamin Therapy?
Whether you currently have a medical condition that can be treated with a personalized intravenous vitamin treatment plan, or if you simply want to maintain a healthy balance, the Akasha Center IV Therapy Program may be the right approach for you. Once it is determined that IV therapy is medically appropriate and safe for you, our doctors will discuss the formula that can best help you. Our program consists of many different IV formulas that were designed to be used integratively along with other traditional approaches to treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Anxiety Depression
- Lyme’s disease
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) & IBS
- Chronic Fatigue
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Muscle Spasms
- Skin and Respiratory Allergies
- Cancer support
- And others
How do I get started and how long will it take?
After your initial medical and laboratory consultation, when one of our doctors reviews your laboratory results (complete blood count (CBC), chemistry panel (CMP) and in some cases an enzyme called G6PD to make sure that you can effectively and safely breakdown high doses of Vitamin C when indicated, the doctor will determine whether you are a candidate for IV Treatment. Depending on what you are being treated for, a personalized formula will be designed containing the amount of nutrients needed. The treatment can last from 45 to 180 minutes, although most treatments take less than one hour.
Examples of some of our programs (partial list)
IV Myers Cocktail
- Useful for: Fighting inflammation (contains many anti- inflammatory properties); strengthens the overall immune system
- Length of time: 45-60 min. Basic cost: $ 265 – $310 (depends on whether Glutathione is recommended)
Originally developed in the 1970’s by Dr. John Myers, the Myers cocktail has become a powerful blend of vitamins and minerals used to treat and prevent a variety of illnesses. Myers cocktail includes magnesium, high dose vitamin C, vitamin B-12, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-5 and calcium, plus other nutrients that your doctor, based on your symptoms, may recommend to be added. IV Myers cocktail can be helpful together with other more traditional approaches in the treatment of upper infections, such as the common cold and flu, fatigue, migraine headaches, decreased mood, depression and anxiety, asthma, seasonal allergies and a variety of other ailments and symptoms.
High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C Therapy, Glutathione plus other nutrients.
- Used for: Chronic illnesses; parasitic, bacterial and fungal infections
- Length: 45 – 60 minutes. Basic cost: $325 plus $45 for glutathione
- Vitamin C also called Ascorbic Acid is an antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress. Many patients receive Vitamin C drips when fatigued, feeling ill, suffering from a cold or flu, to support immune system function, for wound healing, depression, as an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxification and more. Vitamin C when taken by IV reaches much higher levels in the blood rather than when taken by mouth.
- IV Glutathione
Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant protein used to protect our cells against oxidation by free radicals. IV Glutathione can be very helpful in the treatment of liver diseases, chronic fatigue, chronic infections and inflammation, Parkinson’s disease, asthma, cerebral vascular accidents, depression, autoimmune illnesses, heart disease and more. Intravenous glutathione is usually added to the end of Myers cocktail for maximal optimization.
Used in the setting of chronic infections and weakened immune system, this IV formula is used in patients who have tested positive to microbial infections. Components of this IV formula are believed to also be anti-inflammatory to the brain and to the nervous system, as well.
- Useful for: Lyme Disease & Co-Infections, Parasitic Infections (Blood and/or Gastrointestinal System), SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), Viral Infections, and Fungal/Mold Infections
- Length: 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Basic cost: $425 – $565 (depending on the components of the formula and length of time)
Anxiety Support IV
A combination of specific Amino Acids, Minerals, B vitamins, and Vitamin C, designed to support people with Anxiety Disorders or who have Panic Attacks.
May be useful for:
- The day of a panic attack or major anxiety
- During stressful times when anxiety is heightened or panic attacks are getting in the way of regular daily activities
- Consider this IV before a stressful upcoming event
Length: 60- 90 minutes. Basic cost: $420
For more information and to inquire about other formulations, please email us at Info@akashacenter.com